Advancing Quality Mediation in Rhode Island
NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis, in-person activities have been suspended indefinitely.
RIMA Events generally include dinner events held at a restaurant and are more social and little more formal than Trainings. We see these as our chance to give back to our membership. Registration fees are generally less than cost.
All RIMA trainings , whether referred to as a seminar, workshop, or presentation are designed to qualify for RIMA mediator CE's and are believed to fully qualify for CE's for attorneys, social workers and certain other professionals.
They are believed to qualify for the stated number of MCLE's because they:
(1) Present significant intellectual and practical content as to contribute to the growth of a participant's professional competence and skills;
(2) Present subject matter that is directly or supportively relevant to the practice of mediation, law and/or ethics;
(3) Are conducted by a person or persons qualified professionally to present the subject matter involved;
(4) Are presented in a classroom, meeting room, or lecture hall conducive to a meaningful educational experience;
(5) Are presented in a multi-modal fashion, utilizing oral presentations supplemented with written hand-outs and texts and visuals. All materials are believed to meet the highest professional standards in terms of their timeliness, organization, and detail; and
(6) Utilize video and audio presentations only as an adjunct to oral and written presentations.
Attorneys seeking Rhode Island MCLE credit must apply via Appendix D on the RI Supreme Court Attorney Portal.
RIMA maintains a record of attendance and completed participant's evaluations for each training.
RIMA Sonsored Events include Workshops and Training, Roundtable Discussions, and Focus Groups covering a wide range of topics of interest to Mediators, Lawyers, Therapists and Financial Advisors. Many are eligible for MCLE's, Mediator CE's and other professional oganization's continuing professional education credits.